Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Storyhack

Storyhack

"StoryHack is a modern fiction magazine in the style of the classic pulps. It features action and adventure stories in a variety of genres."


"To steal a joke, StoryHack Magazine publishes both kinds of fiction – action and adventure.  

"To be more clear, by action I mean that there should be characters actively engaged with an antagonist who represents imminent physical danger. Fistfights, car chases, vine swinging (alligators or spikes below), jungle insects, all that. But the protagonist must have an active role in the plot, rather than just having stuff happen at him/her.  

"By adventure, I mean the character does awesome things (is proactive) in a exotic (not mundane) situation. Heroics often enter in. The protagonist can be in a cool time period, a fantasy world, or have a bizarre profession, something about his/her situation should transport me, the reader, out of the mundane world. After reading, I should be able to say a main character 'had an adventure.'

"I’m open to any genre, as long as there’s action and adventure. And I’m serious when I say any genre. Space opera, spy thriller, sword & sorcery, lost world, high-seas swashbuckling, occult detective, treasure hunt / explorer, western, technothriller, you’re limited only by your imagination.

"Length-wise I’m looking for short stories and novelettes. 2,000 – 17,500 words."

Submission info

No comments:

Post a Comment